Business Development Lead - Hubble
This role is for someone who has been in the industry for a few years and is fed up with the inefficiencies, lack of innovation and who has a vision for how the industry can be revolutionised by technology.
You will lead our efforts to build partnerships with our flexible office provider clients and build disruptive products for the industry. A key problem solver for the business internally and externally, you will be working directly with the founders to impact our global flexible office strategy.
The role will vary day to day and will include, but not be limited to: relationship building with the flexible office sector to build and sell Hubble solutions; advising clients on flexible & managed office requirements; advising clients on operational solutions to help them run their own flexible office spaces; and working closely with the product teams to build disruptive technology for flexible office providers.
You should be willing to get stuck in, with a very ‘hands-on’ approach and work autonomously in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. You’ll need to be able to build, lead and communicate with cross functional teams from marketing to engineering and hire a team that works alongside you.
The ability to think critically about traditional approaches in the flexible office sector and how technology can be applied to make them more efficient is really important; the ability to execute on these ideas is critical.
- Source and grow relationships with flexible office providers in the UK and internationally
- Manage day to day relationships with Hubble’s flexible office clients to ensure smooth operational processes via close sales and technology integration
- Advise Hubble’s larger flexible and managed office clients
- Work closely with the new flexible office market entrants to help them advertise, sell and manage their space using Hubble’s software
- Build Hubble’s presence within the flexible office sector via branding, partnership and PR opportunities; be the face of Hubble within the indsutry
- Work closely with the the product team to build disruptive technologies for the flexible office sector
- Grow with the business and recruit a flexible office team to fulfil Hubble’s growth ambitions in the medium to long-term
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the flexible office sector, as a broker, account manager, operator, sales manager or operational team member
- Pre-existing relationships with the flexible office sector in the UK (international is a plus)
- Self-starter with ability to execute in high-pressure environments
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to build rapport and long-lasting professional relationships
- Confident public speaker with an outgoing personality
- Tech literate and a be a frequent user and embracer of new technologies
- Demonstrable experience in challenging the status quo or thinking critically about how old methods of working can be disrupted by technology
- Experience in managing projects and small teams
- It’d be a plus if you had some experience in: international flexible office markets, operating your own flexible space, advising tech clients, managed office services for large corporate clients
We like to make sure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday - focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits are optional and can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive. Here are things we offer:
- Macbook, dual monitors + peripherals
- Unlimited Uber
- Spotify Premium or Apple Music
- Kindle Unlimited + free professional books
- Health & Pension
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Expense budget
- Friday office drinks
Additionally, being part of Entrepreneur First and Seedcamp gives us (and you) access to a vibrant community of startups, regular events and one-on-one sessions with industry experts.
We’re happy to offer a competitive salary and performance based incentives according to experience, as well as EMI equity options as an early Hubble team member.
Indicative base salary: £30k+