DevOps Engineer - Yoyo Wallet
Fitzrovia, London, United Kingdom
Company Profile and Mission
Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. In the process Yoyo has developed a unique platform that opens up a global opportunity to power seamless payment and loyalty experiences for retailers, developers and financial institutions across the world. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the team. If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading.
Based in London, the DevOps Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering at Yoyo Wallet. We are seeking an experienced, intuitive self starter who will collaborate with the Yoyo Wallet teams to enhance the infrastructure of our mobile wallet app. As Yoyo Wallet continues expansion into new geographies, we are looking for someone to join our team who will provide reliable and efficient infrastructure services for our new users.
The Yoyo product comprises iOS, Android apps as well as a platform that provides webservices for mobile and EPOS devices to talk to. It uses a service-oriented architecture to support real-time, high-volume transactions that consistently deliver sub-one-second response times at the point-of-sale.
Our backend stack is a microservices platform written in Python using Postgres, Nginx, Memcache, RabbitMQ and Django for dashboards. Our infrastructure is deployed into AWS and we use Fabric and Terraform for deployment and provisioning. Jenkins is used for building assets and integration testing.
- Architect a system for easier continuous integration and deployment along with auto-scaling infrastructure to match demand
- Evaluate and implement a move to Docker for all Yoyo's production infrastructure
- Build a monitoring and alerting system to support day to day operations
- Help manage the AWS installations
- Develop the architecture of our existing platform and assist in the design and build of new systems
- Build features in Python
- Support the operations of Yoyo Wallet expansion across multiple geographies and multiple AWS regions
- Partner with colleagues to improve processes and performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or related field is an asset
- 2+ years experience in a start up and/or entrepreneurial corporate environment building and running high-throughput infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of AWS
- Experience implementing, monitoring and alerting software
- Strong provisioning and automations skills (using technologies such as Ansible and Terraform)
- Strong security knowledge
- Experience using some of the following: Python, Postgres, Docker, Vagrant
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated project management and problem solving skills
- Personable, enthusiastic, and articulate
- Entrepreneurial outlook and fun spirit
- Ability to manage competing timelines and priorities in a composed fashion
- Proven ability to differentiate when to take action independently or to partner as a team
- Enjoys effective collaboration with people at all levels
- Get £100 per month in Yoyo credit to spend at Yoyo retailers (that is coffee, tea, and food!)
- Competitive salary packages
- Private health care
- Work on challenging real-world problems of which you can take ownership
- Build something today and see it in others hands tomorrow
- We are located in Fitrzovia, in the heart of central London.