Finance and Operations Manager - Hubble
One of the most important roles at Hubble, as Finance and Operations manager you will be working directly with the founders to scale the business operationally. The role is perfect for anyone who wants to start their own business in the future and also gives you the opportunity to grow with us to take on the FD, CFO, or COO role in the future.
Your role will vary day to day and will be split equally between finance and operations. The finance side will involve taking responsibility for all of our financial needs from, bookkeeping to building financial forecasts; you will work directly with our accountants to make this happen. Operationally, you will be responsible for all the internal processes that have to be built as our headcount doubles in size and our customer base scales.
You should be willing to get stuck in, with a very ‘hands-on’ approach and work autonomously in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. You’ll need to be able to build, lead and communicate with cross functional teams from marketing to engineering and hire a team that works alongside you.
- Work closely with our accountants to ensure that Hubble maintains strict financial discipline
- Internal processes to ensure simple and quick payment from customers
- Build financial forecasts to impact working capital and fundraising strategy
- Work with the product team to build / buy tools that help scale the business
- Manage staff / office operations as the size of the company increases and spreads geographically
- Focus on intra-team communication to ensure that everyone is talking and working with each other
- Ensure the company fits within industry guidelines and is compliant with regulation
- Work alongside with Hubble’s lawyers on an ad-hoc basis
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience. This should include time working in an accountancy firm as well as working as a Financial Controller (or similar) in a UK SME
- Relevant financial qualifications (ACA, ACCA and CIMA preferred; others accepted)
- Experience in a B2B business and understanding of challenges that come with selling to businesses, including, invoicing, payment collection, VAT, electronic payments and cashflow management
- Ambition to work in a fast-growing technology company and an ever-changing work environment; not too tied down to routine
- Experience with using technology and software to deliver internal operational solutions
- Great people management skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Proven ability to do quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience in venture backed startups is a plus
We like to make sure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday - focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits are optional and can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive. Here are things we offer:
- Macbook, dual monitors + peripherals
- Noise cancelling headphones
- Spotify Premium or Apple Music
- Kindle Unlimited + free professional books
- Health & Pension
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Expense budget
Additionally, being part of Entrepreneur First and Seedcamp gives us (and you) access to a vibrant community of startups, regular events and one-on-one sessions with industry experts.
Indicative base salary: £40k+
We’re happy to offer a competitive salary according to experience, as well as EMI equity options as an early Hubble team member.