iOS Mobile Engineers - Yoyo Wallet
London, United Kingdom · Engineering
About Yoyo Wallet
Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. In the process Yoyo has developed a unique platform that opens up a global opportunity to power seamless payment and loyalty experiences for retailers, developers and financial institutions across the world. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for Mobile Engineers with an iOS experience to join our team.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading. We were recently chosen by KPMG as one of 50 FinTechs to watch globally. Now in our 3rd year, we are in over 40 UK universities, over 100 corporate locations and have a global presence with business in the US, Spain, Ireland and Singapore.
The mobile team at Yoyo is responsible for delivering several products including consumer iOS and Android Yoyo Wallet apps, as well as developer-facing mobile SDKs and retailer acceptance apps for iOS and Android.
We are always looking at and evaluating the latest technologies, be it watchOS, Android Wear, or new programming languages such as Kotlin. We've also been featured as Swift and Apple Pay launch partners on the App Store.
We launch betas as early as we can to ensure we're building what our users actually want.
Includes Swift, Alamofire, Realm, RxSwift, Moya, Carthage
Includes Kotlin, Java, Retrofit, SQLite, RxJava, Gradle
Other technologies and processes
Includes REST APIs, Fabric/Crashlytics, Apptimize A/B testing, Mixpanel analytics, Bitrise CI/CD , JIRA
- Experience building scalable Android and/or iOS apps from scratch and building on top of existing codebases
- Familiarity with and have worked with the latest Android and/or iOS SDKs
- Experience building and delivering projects from start to finish
- We'd love for our ideal candidate to have a combination of experiences and/or exposure to at least one of these technologies
- Android (Java, Kotlin, Android SDK, Android Studio)
- iOS (Objective-C, Swift, Xcode)
- Extensive experience with Unit testing & Integration Tests
- Experience with technologies and processes we use (Kanban, Git, CI, CD, etc)
- Experience with Reactive Extensions, Realm and/or SQLite is an asset
- You like being involved in a fast-paced and agile startup environment
- Worked with and built interfaces with other systems in the past
- Ability to work across multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and a deep understanding of what would benefit our users most
- A passion for building mobile products that will be used by millions of people
- You demand that code be well-tested and believe testing is an integral part of development
- Your choice of Apple or equivalent hardware
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of
- Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow
- Get £100 per month in Yoyo credit to spend at Yoyo retailers for coffee, tea, and lunch!
- We are located in Fitzrovia in the heart of central London with a ton of great food, coffee and bars/pubs within a 2min walking distance