Market Manager (Glasgow & Edinburgh) - Urban Massage
Edinburgh, United Kingdom · Marketing
Urban Massage is an on-demand mobile wellness marketplace, connecting qualified massage therapists to local demand for treatments at home, at work, on the go, wherever needed.
Our mission is to build the best wellness booking and delivery experience in the industry. Talent is the key driver of our success. Our team has been carefully assembled from all over the world and we have global ambitions. We work in a dynamic, high-growth environment, and we look for strong candidates who are eager to take up their next challenge and are ambitious to grow with us throughout this journey.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to for an ambitious, talented candidate to have a key role in our rapidly-growing company and take up responsibility for your own city markets. The Market Manager Glasgow & Edinburgh is primarily in charge of firmly establishing the brand in the cities and driving consumer demand to our platform. This involves planning and executing local brand and community building activities and events, building strategic partnerships, working with local media, as well as many other exciting tasks. You will be reporting to our Chief Operations Officer, and work closely with our marketing team in London.
- Develop and implement Urban Massage's marketing communications strategy for Manchester and Birmingham
- Grow a loyal customer base and a community of active and engaged massage therapists
- Build relationships with partners, such as training institutes, industry associations and other key stakeholders
- Plan, support and execute local offline marketing and PR initiatives
- Manage our local social media presence via Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Work with local press and media, write and edit press releases
- Represent Urban Massage at events, conferences, etc.
- Provide regular reports, analyses and strategic recommendations across channels
- Support overall business activities as required
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related
- Min. 2-3 years of experience in a similar or related role
- Understand key KPIs for customer acquisition and retention and be able to monitor progress and set goals
- Be structured, goal-oriented and able to work independently
- Be hands-on, a go-getter and quick learner
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Have a good understanding of local consumer culture and be able to develop campaigns that are relevant and locally integrated
- Willingness to travel regularly
- A network among local press and media is a plus
- Genuinely enjoy working in a startup environment and eager to make a difference
- Team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Join a fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Your choice of Apple hardware
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Fully stocked fridges
- Central London office with great transport links
- Working with a fun, international and highly-motivated team. Never a dull moment for sure!