Product Designer - Yoyo Wallet
Fitzrovia, London, United Kingdom · Product & Engineering
Company Profile and Mission
Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. We are an app allowing consumers to pay for things using their phone while they collect stamps or points – all in the app! No need to carry many loyalty cards. Retailers in turn, learn more about their customers which allows them to offer in app deals for their loyal customers. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done.
Now in our 3rd year, we are in over 40 UK Universities, over 100 Corporate locations and have a global presence with business in the US, Spain, Ireland and Singapore. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for a Product Designer to join the Product Team. If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading.
The Product Designer will report to the VP Engineering at Yoyo Wallet. This is a critical role for our company as Yoyo Wallet as we are working on a number of projects with our clients and partners. This person will work closely with our high performing Product and Engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand the problem and define the scope and requirements for a solution
- Produce wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web and mobile
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
- Create pixel perfect designs and contribute to our overall visual language
- Request and drive user research/usability tests as needed
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change and optimization
- Understand and extend Yoyo’s brand style and voice across different products
- Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI, information science, or design-related discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience (internships count!)
- Experience in end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design, with an emphasis on the front end, final execution
- Must have a portfolio that shows not only the end product (the 'what'), but also your thought process and approach that led you there (the 'why' and the 'how').
- Great at understanding outputs from user insights and transforming them into consistent UX systems
- Comfortable with handling multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Expert command of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and prototyping tools (MarvelApp, Invision)
- Have the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Personable, enthusiastic and articulate
- Extra nice (but not obligatory) would be some motion graphic or front-end coding skills
- Competitive salary packages
- £100 per month in Yoyo credit to spend at Yoyo retailers (that is coffee, tea, vietnamese sandwiches, salads & wraps! - so free lunch every day)
- Private health care
- Working with a great bunch of people (the team’s just as important as the work, and this is a great team)
- A voice
- We are located in Fitzrovia, the heart of central London
- Occasional travel will be required (mostly within the UK although with US, Europe and Singapore expansion, these trips may become a bit more exciting!)