Rails Developer - Incrediblue
Incrediblue is busting the myth that boating is only for the rich and famous by enabling any traveller to book an amazing holiday on a boat. As it happened in lodging and in transportation, Incrediblue is changing the travel industry again, by introducing a whole new travel category; boating. Boating is the ultimate vacation with all the comforts of being at home while you are exploring new destinations.
We’re looking for ambitious developers to join our world-class team in what is becoming one of the world’s most innovative travel brands. We are an innovation driven, committed and fun to be around team, where every contribution, no matter how little or big, counts. With growth comes great responsibility, so if you're an exceptionally good developer who wants to work in a world-class internet company, you are in the right place. As with all incrediblue team members, we’re looking for someone who takes pride in their entrepreneurial spirit, discipline, proactivity, guerilla mindset and great teamwork skills. That’s us!
Our technology stack consists of Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and Redis running on Heroku and Amazon Web Services. We are strong believers in Test-driven development and Agile and we practice them every day.
If you are a passionate back-end developer who believes in our mission and have extensive experience in Ruby, Rails and SQL databases, then you are the person we are looking for! We invest heavily in training junior developers and re-training experienced ones in the technologies we use. If you are experienced in other server-side frameworks and languages and eager to learn something new, we’ll be happy to consider your application as well.
- Experience with server-side MVC frameworks, preferably, but not necessarily, Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably, but not necessarily, PostgreSQL.
- Firm grasp of object-oriented programming patterns.
- Performance optimization.
- TDD and/or BDD.
- Source version control, preferably git.
- Web services/API design.
- Apple workstation
- Software and tools of your choice
- Attendance expenses paid for one developer conference or workshop of your choice per year
- Competitive salary
- Access to our stock option plan
- Unlimited caffeine is on the house (Nespresso and more)
- Weekly social events & video game tournaments