Senior Engineer - ClusterHQ
We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Bristol, UK and encourage you to join us in one of these locations. However, if you can't work from one of our main offices, we are always looking for exceptional candidates in remote locations to join our team.
- Extensive experience with at least two of: distributed systems, storage, networking, containers.
- Experience with event-driven asynchronous network programming.
- Test-driven development and extensive experience with automated testing and software quality assurance.
- Significant production software development experience.
- Experience designing architecture for resilient distributed systems.
- Technical leadership experience - good knowledge of the software development lifecycle models and their application.
- 10+ years programming and systems architecture experience.
Nice to have
- Substantial experience and/or education designing, building and running distributed systems, especially Zookeeper.
- Operational experience running distributed applications on cloud infrastructure or bare metal.
- Proficient with Twisted (Python), Go, and/or asynchronous network programming.
- Team leadership experience - leading team of engineers, people management.
- Love pair programming, have excellent team skills.
- OSS experience - demonstrated by a large body of contributions to open-source projects.
We need help with:
- Architecting and building the next generation of storage and cluster management infrastructure for containers.
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff.
- Designing architecture and communicating it to a wider team.
- Code review.
- Pair programming.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Blogging on technical subjects you care about.
- Giving talks at technical events.
- We'd love to see your resume and a brief cover letter describing why we should hire you.
- Just as importantly, please include links to other websites and resources where we can see examples of you doing the things we described in this job description (e.g. GitHub or Bitbucket, your blog, docs that you wrote, Twitter).