Software Engineer (Junior, Intermediate, & Senior ) - Yoyo Wallet
London, United Kingdom · Engineering
Welcome to the Yoyo Engineering team.
We're a group of ~15 software developers working in an engineering centric culture. We use contemporary tools and methodologies and are driven by the end user product.
We're looking to take on a number of Python developers of all experience levels.
If you're looking for an engaging new opportunity or would just like to know more, please apply and I look forward to discussing this in more details with you!
All the best
Andrew, VP Engineering
The Yoyo Wallet product comprises of iOS and Android apps that talk to a suite of APIs powered by the Yoyo platform. We use a service-oriented architecture to support real-time, high-volume transactions that consistently deliver sub-one-second response times at the point-of-sale.
Our backend stack includes (but is not limited to): Python, Django, Event messaging and RESTful APIs, Micro-Services Oriented Architecture, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Celery, Puppet, Fabric, Docker, TravisCI / Continuous Deployment, and is hosted on AWS.
We're scaling out our infrastructure globally and delivering industry leading features within Yoyo Wallet. We have interesting problems to solve around:
- delivering super fast response times at the point-of-sale
- reducing risk and fraud of payments and transactions
- processing high volumes of atomic and ordered transactions
- making sense and organising transactional and purchase data
- solving complicated personalised discovery problems for consumers
- using hardware to augment the consumer experience
- implementing real-world applications for machine learning
We're an agile team focussed on writing high quality, testable and maintainable code. We use Kanban for managing workflow and employ TDD, code review and continuous deployment to maintain high standards and deliver working code to our users on a daily basis.
About Yoyo Wallet
Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. In the process Yoyo has developed a unique platform that opens up a global opportunity to power seamless payment and loyalty experiences for retailers, developers and financial institutions across the world. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15M as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo Wallet is searching for 3-6 Platform Engineers with varied experiences to join our team over the next 6 months. The main thing we would ask is that you love Python and would love to be part of a dynamic environment. If you are looking to join a rewarding, fast growing FinTech firm that uses modern tools and engineering practises keep reading.
We are looking for smart engineers who learn fast, focus on our customers first, have a passion for developing high quality software and have the right attitude of putting the team first. We'll certainly be interested in candidates who have:
- We are looking for engineers of all experience levels
- Must have experience with or an interest in learning Python
- 1+ years experience (either by employment or through projects) with some of the technologies and processes we use (Django, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Celery, Puppet, Fabric, Docker, AWS, Kanban, TDD, GoCD, etc)
- Strong attention to detail and a deep understanding of what would benefit our users most
- Personable, enthusiastic, and articulate
- Entrepreneurial outlook and spirit with ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Previous exposure to mobile payment or mobile application industry is an asset
- Exhibit passion for programming and software by either blogging or attending coding conferences or meet-ups (big plus if you've contributed to open-source software)
- Get £100 per month in Yoyo credit to spend at Yoyo retailers for coffee, tea, and lunch which helps us continuously test our own features
- Your choice of Apple or equivalent hardware
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of
- Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow
- We are located in Fitrzovia in the heart of central London with a ton of great food, coffee and bars/pubs within a 2min walking distance
- The salary range for this job is from 35K - 70K GBP depending on the experience level (junior to senior)
- We are located in Fitzrovia, the heart of central London
- Occasional travel will be required (mostly within the UK)